Your Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative providing the best service to our most important assets
— our members.
What is a Credit Union?
A credit union is a cooperative financial institution, owned and controlled by the people who use its services. These people are members. Credit unions serve groups that share something in common, such as where they work, live, or go to church.
Credit unions are not-for-profit, and exist to provide a safe, convenient place for members to save money and to get loans at reasonable rates. Credit unions, like other financial institutions, are closely regulated and operated in a very prudent manner. The National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, administered by the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the federal government, insures deposits of credit union members at more than 11,000 federal and state-chartered credit unions nationwide. Deposits are insured up to $250,000.00.
What makes a credit union different from a bank or savings & loan? Profits from banks and Savings & Loans are returned to the stockholders of the bank. Credit Unions return their profits back to their members in the form of higher paying dividends or lower lending rates.
Who Can Become a Member
- Employees of the United States Government who work in or are assigned to Comanche Couty, Oklahoma except those who work at Fort Sill, Oklahoma or are supervised from Anadarko, Oklahoma;
- Employees of the City of Lawton, Oklahoma;
- Employees of Comanche County, Oklahoma;
- Employees of the following entities who work in Lawton, Oklahoma:
- Carol & Dell’s Beauty Shop
- Lopes Tile Company
- Republic Paperboard Company;
- Employees, medical staff, members of the board of directors of Comanche County Memorial Hospital and McMahan Tomlinson Nursing center, doctors, medical staff members and technicians who work at Comanche County Memorial Hospital in Lawton, Oklahoma
- Staff doctors of the Comanche County Memorial Hospital and McMahan Tomlinson Nursing Center and employees of staff doctors who work in Lawton, Oklahoma;
- Volunteer workers who regularly perform duties in hospital functions under the supervision of hospital staff members at Comanche County Memorial Hospital in Lawton, Oklahoma;
- Employees of Service Master Corporation and ARA Food Service who work at Comanche County Memorial Hospital in Lawton, Oklahoma;
- Employees of MckessonHBOC who work at Comanche County Memorial Hospital in Lawton, Oklahoma;
- Employees of this credit union;
- Persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment;
- Persons who live, work, worship or attend school in, and businesses and other legal entities located in the underserved area of Comanche County, Oklahoma (November 6, 2003);
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of the credit union;
- Members of their immediate families; and
- Organizations of such persons.
Want to join us? Call us at 580-353-3755